The perfect pair of jeans is an important part of every woman’s wardrobe. If you are lucky enough to be able to wear them to work, they can take your outfit from standard dress code to a standout style file.
But, when the lights go down on the workday or the workweek, denim can also be your versatile go-to option for casual chic. It’s an understated look that just needs a pair of statement heels and some earrings and you are good to go!
For inspiration, look to the latest fashion magazines featuring models and celebrities sporting this trend but the bonus of this look is that it works for every age—so don’t limit yourself! The main key to getting this look right lies in fabric textures and design details. So, it’s all about mixing casual skinny, slim or straight leg jeans with tops, blazers and accessories that add glamour and texture. It’s the mix of casual and dressy that makes this look work for any evening occasion, especially if you aren’t sure of the dress code.
- Choose a light, medium or black wash jeans
- Try jeans with diamanté embellishment or embroidered details
- Add a top with a metallic thread, foil-print or diamanté embellishment
- Flared sleeves add glamour
- Velvet, silky georgette and lace create texture and understated elegance
- Blazer jacket with metal buttons or zippers or a swacket
- Small shoulder or clutch bag
- Crystal drop earrings or pearl studs
- Heeled ankle boots or simple black heels (high or low)
- Bright lipstick – classic red or fuchsia